Its the solution every anxiety sufferer is looking for. Natural anxiety relief. In most cases your local doctor will likely not understand your problem and try to automatically prescribe you medication but, whether it be for kids or adults surely the best solution is to try and find a natural anxiety treatment.
Below we have listed seven ways you can try for natural anxiety relief.
Natural Anxiety Relief
- Exercise. Exercise has been shown to be one of the most effective natural cures for anxiety. And we are not talking a once per month visit to the gym. It needs to be consistent exercise, every day! 21 minutes per day to be precise. Studies have shown that it only takes 21 minutes of exercise per day to relief anxiety and reduce stress.
- A change in diet. Your diet can effect your mood. If you are looking for an easy, natural stress relief then look no further than cutting out the fast food. Eating fast food all the time can leave you feeling lathargic and grumpy. This definitely doesn’t help your anxiety. A healthy body often does lead to a healthy mind.
- Chamomile tea. The first of the ‘tea’s’ to help your mental health is chamomile tea. The benefits of drinking chamomile tea have been known for hundreds of years. Chamomile is a herb that has been used for centuries but you can now buy it in most large supermarkets so there is no excuse not to try it.
- Green tea. As well as relieving anxiety green tea has been shown to provide a whole host of other health benefits including fat loss and improved brain function. Put the kettle on and get brewing now!
- Valerian. Valerian is another, less well known herb but it has been used for centuries as a sleep aid. Valerian is a great stress relief herb and can be picked up from most health stores.
- Lavender. Believe it or not the soothing aroma of lavender has been shown to reduce anxiety levels and help de-stress you. Give it a try.
- Yoga breathing. You can’t get anxious while deep breathing apparently. Practicing yoga breathing every day will help you stay calm and reduce your overall stress levels. Yoga breathing acts as a natural tranquilizer. Start by putting the tip of your tongue up against your teeth. You will be silently breathing in through your nose and loudly out through your mouth, past your tongue. Exhale completely through your mouth then take a deep breath in through your nose for four seconds. Then hold your breath for seven seconds. Breath out through your mouth making a whooshing noise, counting to eight in your head as you do. Repeat this three or four times.
Natural Anxiety Relief Pills
As well as the natural herb type stress and anxiety reliefs listed above a number of pills are available. To be honest most natural anxiety pills are simply the herbs listed above, or other herbs that have been packaged in pill form but here are a few of the most popular herbs that are available in pill form.
- St Johns Wort
Remember, just because they are natural doesn’t mean they can’t be dangerous. do your research first.
And just because the natural remedies don’t work doesn’t mean you still can’t resort to more mainstream anxiety cures. Anxiety is a medical problem after all.