Many people look for help with anxiety. It is becoming the number one illness world wide. Mental illness is like a form of torture. Often trapping you in a cycle that makes you feel lonely and helpless. Luckily Anxiety help is at hand!
Anxiety by its definition means fear and feelings of worry that can be quite crippling. A little anxiety is normal but an axiety disorder is different. At the best it may interfere with your everyday life but at its worse it can take over your life completely and in many cases, ruin it. You need to get help before it gets to that stage.
Everybody worries from time to time and may feel anxious about certain situations, a first date for example can bring these feelings on.
Anxiety Help, What Is Anxiety?
These feelings of anxiety are completely normal from time to time but for some people these feelings become overwhelming, uncontrollable and constant.
The feelings become unbearable and effect their everyday life. People with anxiety problems feel anxious most days and sometimes about everyday situations that most people don't even think about.
What are the symptoms of an anxiety disorder?
Generally, if six or seven of the following apply to you then you probably are suffering from anxiety:
- Constantly on edge and tense
- In constant fear of everyday things
- Anxious feelings are interfering with your everyday life
- Bad things will happen if you don't complete things a certain way
- Avoiding situations because they make you tense and anxious
- Sudden panic, sometimes you can feel your heart pumping away
- Danger is around every corner
As well as the above there are other physical and mental symptoms to look out for.
When to see a doctor?
Diagnosing anxiety is sometimes difficult because its often hard to pin down if there is a problem and the cause.
You should see a doctor if anxiety is effecting your everyday life or if it is causing you mental stress or physical stress.
Different types of anxiety
Although anxiety is linked to other mental health issues, believe it or not there are only six major forms of anxiety, categorized as follows:
- generalized anxiety disorder
- obsessive-compulsive disorder
- panic disorder or anxiety attacks
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- social anxiety disorder
What is causing my anxiety?
Without a thorough diagnoses it is impossible to establish the cause of your anxiety. Any number of things could have or could be causing it. It could be caused by a stressful situation in your past or your current situation, or even drugs or alcohol.
A professional assessment is essential so you can get the correct treatment.
What are the cures for anxiety?
Currently there are two options for treatment. Psychological therapy and medication. Both are widely used but psychological therapy should always be the preferred option.
Psychological therapy might include talking to a therapist and discussing techniques that can be used to cope with anxiety. Remember that this isn't a magic pill, it takes time, practice and patience but it does work. You are essentially trying to reprogram your brain to think differently about situations.
Medication is another option but should really only be used in extreme cases and be seen as a last resort. Medication should be used in conjunction with psychological therapy, medication doesn't teach the individual to cope, it simply masks the anxiety. An anti-depressant will sometimes be prescribed, but these can come with side effects and can't be taken by everybody.
You really should try psychological therapy and self help before resorting to medication if you can.
The good news is that most people can learn to cope with anxiety given the right advise or treatment. Most people manage to control or eradicate their anxiety using self help techniques that can be taught and then practiced by the individual.
Read through the site and hopefully you can become one of these people.
- TheraPearl Neck Wrap, Reusable Hot Cold Therapy Pack with Gel Beads, Best Ice Pack for Neck Pain, Flexible Non Toxic Hot and Cold Compress for Neck Spasms, Stress Relief, Pain Relief, and Swelling
- Premium Stress Support Supplement And Natural Anxiety Relief – Relieves Chronic Stress and Supports Focused and Positive Mind – Inflate Serotonin Levels With Ashwanghanda, L-Theanine, Gaba, and More
- Swear Word Coloring Book ( Black Edition ): 40 Sweary Designs on Black Paper. Stress Relief Coloring book:Mandalas, Patterns,Flowers and Animals(Adult Coloring)
- TheraPearl Face Mask, Reusable Hot Cold Therapy Mask with Gel Beads, Flexible Non Toxic Hot Cold Compress for Acne, Best Spa Wrap for Swollen Face, Puffy Eyes, Relaxation, Stress Relief
- Eye Pillow Vacation Organic Flax Seed Filled Lavender Eye Pillow, Royal Purple
- Headache Migraine Relief. Herbal Balm with Essential Oils. Tension Headache, Sinus Headache, Stress Anxiety Relief. Use with Headache hat, Headache Pillow, migraine mask, ice pack, migraine glasses.
- Aveeno Stress Relief Body Wash With Lavender, Chamomile And Ylang-Ylang Oils, 12 Fl. Oz. (Pack of 3)
Common Anxiety Cures
You can beat anxiety. Given the correct tools and info getting rid of anxiety is more than possible.
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Panic disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Social Phobia (or Social Anxiety Disorder)